"....(He will) gently lead those who are with young." Isaiah 40:11b

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Submit?!

"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord." Ephesians 5:22


You knew it was coming, didn't you. Sooner a later on a Christian womens' website, you are going to hear the "S" word.


Many of us have started our Valentine's projects to do with our families over the next couple of weeks. I've been praying about what the Lord wanted us moms to look at this week. Guess what? This is it! Aren't you excited. I know I am. (eye roll)


Really, though. God's Word is always good. It is always perfect. It is our job to adjust.


As I meditated on this verse, you want to know what hit me?


So often we focus on the first part of the verse: Wives, submit to your husbands. But often we neglect to see the importance of the second part of the verse: as to the Lord


If we aren't submitted to the Lord, then what basis do we have to submit to our husband?


Listen. Trust me. You are hearing from one of the strongest-willed women you may ever meet. Boy, has
God had to do a lot of taming and training of this heart, and I know He is by far from done.


But what I also know, is that as I lay my heart before the Lord and remind myself who is boss, it is easier and easier to put other people and their needs/desires first. Why? because I'm doing it as to the Lord....who I've already determined to lay everything aside for.


There is no way on God's green earth, that any one of us women can truly understand our desire to submit to our husbands, if we haven't submitted our hearts to the Lord first.


So today....just for today...don't worry about being a submissive wife. Today, consider evaluating your submission to the Lord. It is far more serious, and the only place we can start.


I'm praying for you today....'cause it might be a hard one - and it is a critical one.


No comments:

Post a Comment